With the exception of dental emergencies, patients seeking complete dental care need to firstly undergo a comprehensive examination which will involve:
• Soft tissue assessment and oral cancer screening
• Periodontal Assessment (health of the gums)
• Temporomandibular jaw joint (TMJ) assessment
• A complete dental assessment
• Small x-ray films to detect small early cavities
Prior to your examination, you will be asked to complete a medical and dental questionnaire. Here we will discuss any concerns and your treatment desires.
• Download: Medical and Dental Questionnaire
Dr Cobley will then outline and discuss with you a detailed and suitable treatment program to work towards obtaining th best oral health and a detailed preventative regime.
He will discuss with you various treatment options available and give you a good understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of the different treatment options that may be available to you.